By Okolo Esther Onyekachi
Most of the times we feel bad for being exceptional, extraordinary and gifted, because with it comes a different way of life as well as its own unique package. Here are some of the truths you need to be aware of:
1. Unacceptability; do not expect to be accepted by everyone, some hate you for what you carry. If you were just normal and have nothing special about you then they might just accept you. That’s because they fear you taking over. Your beauty, gift, vision, hard work and passion just bring fear in them. Ignore them and accept your uniqueness.
2. The things you face are special for you. Stop comparing your life with another. You attract trials of your size and remember, God will never allow you be tempted more than you can bear. Count it a joyous time that you are tried! A test means the next class awaits you
3. If you find others ganged up against you, that’s were your difference lies, had it been you were like them, you could be on the same side. Differences in decision making does not mean opposition, only means different destiny. You are exceptional.
4. No one knows why you are inspired for it, some laughed at the steps you take towards success. They may discourage your beginning, undermine your ability, but remember these words “the creator of the Universe made you unique, you are not a mistake, glory is what you reveal” Keep on.
5. Strong Opposition. People will oppose you for being exceptional, different and unique, but that doesn’t mean you are totally wrong. Opposition precedes position, there is a position for you in life. You want to make a difference enjoy Opposition.
6. Most successful people tried and failed but believed in themselves, do not quit at your first attempt, failing does not define you as a failure, only quitters are failures. A righteous man may fall seven times but shall rise again. Your difference is in the ability to fight for what you deserve; success.
7. You will find inspiration in most things people are critical about. Don’t join them in criticizing, learn what you can and differentiate your life. Most critiques don’t own businesses, they make people their business. Inspire Yourself each and every day.
8. If authorities challenge you, you are an authority. If strong people challenge you, you are strong. Whatever your class is, expect the more from them. The interesting part about being exceptional is you will have new challenges, some are just a way to your destiny.
9. There are no equals in life, the issue is that you settled yourself to someone’s standard. Make an extra mile in your efforts, and results will always be exceptional. Give your best.
10. Like someone said and I quote “My son once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.” Exceptional people compete with no one.
In all that life is, everyone has an ability to bring change, how significant an impact depends on how far you have seen. No one can put limits to your life only those you have accepted in your mind. I believe in you because I believe in what God has made you. You are a Wonder.